Friday, June 20, 2008

Silver threads, golden needles, and ClassBias

As homage to Class Bias in Higher Education and the proletarian rage that Jeff Harrison so eloquently expresses, I offer one of the many versions of Silver Threads and Golden Needles now playing at Danzig U.S.A.:

  • I grew up in faded gingham
    where love is a sacred thing
  • You grew up in silk and satin
    where love's the passing game
  • I know now you never loved me,
    and I know I was a fool
  • To think your pride would let you live by the golden rule

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeffrey Harrison said...

Nice choice, Jim. As you know since you seem to know more about music than most, pop music is full of class themes. (Opera and country even more). My personal favorites, Working Class Hero, Pink Houses and for friends of the dude (inside comment for fans of The Big Leibowski) Fortunate Son. And then there is Reggae -- Trench Town Rock and many others.

6/21/2008 9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home